Terms and Conditions of Use (Essential)
Chapter 1 General Rule
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions shall be that the customer (hereinafter referred to as 'Member') using all member information services (hereinafter referred to as 'Service') provided by the Global Cyber University (hereinafter referred to as the 'Site').
Article 2 (Regulations other than the Terms and Conditions)
When any matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions are specified in relevant laws and regulations, they shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations.
Chapter 2 Membership sign-up and Service Usage
Article 3 (Approval of Use Application)
1. In order to use this service, you must record your information on the form prescribed by 'this site'.
2. The user information shown on the sign-up form is considered actual data. Users who do not enter real information will not be legally protected.
3. The 'Site' approves the use of 'Service’s when 'Member' makes a complete application by writing all matters correctly. However, the following cases are an exception.
① If the application is made using someone else's name.
② If you have filed a false application for the membership application form.
③ If you applied for the purpose of hindering social well-being, order or morals.
④ If you interfere with another person's use of the site services or take actions such as stealing the information.
⑤ If you do the acts prohibited by laws and regulations and the terms from using the site.
⑥ If you do not have enough membership requirements set by the site.
Article 4 (Effect and Change of Terms)
1. This Agreement will be effective when the Member clicks the 'Agree' button in response to the question ‘I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.'
2. The 'Site' may change these Terms and Conditions, and the modified Terms will be announced to 'Member’s for 7 days prior to the effective date and will be effective on the applicable date.
3. If 'Member' does not agree to the modified terms, 'Member' may stop using the 'Service' and withdraw. If 'Member' continues to use the 'Service’s after the terms have been changed, the 'Member' shall be deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Agreement.
Chapter 3 Responsibility
Article 5 (The Obligations of the 'Site')
1. The 'Site' does not disclose or distribute the personal information of 'Member' which is known by 'Service' provision to a third party without the consent of the user. However, the following exceptions apply.
① If there are special regulations in laws such as Act on Financial Real Name Transaction and Confidentiality, Use and Protection of Credit Information, Basic Law of Telecommunications, Telecommunications Business Act, Local Tax Act, Consumer Protection Act, Bank of Korea Act and Criminal Procedure Act
② When necessary for statistical writing / academic research or market research, if it is provided in an unidentifiable form for a specific individual
③ The 'Site' may use all or part of the information of 'Member' as statistical data related to the business'
④ The 'Site' strives to ensure that the 'Service' operates consistently and reliably. If the 'Service' is interrupted for any unavoidable reason, we will do our best to repair and recover it without delay. However, in case of natural disasters, emergencies, periodic system inspections and the necessity of the 'Site', we may stop or suspend the service temporarily.
Article 6 (Consent on the Use of 'Member' Information)
1. In order to facilitate the use of the sites affiliated with the 'Site', the 'Site' may share the information of the 'Member' with the affiliated sites.
2. The consent of the 'Member' under the provisions of this Article shall be effected by clicking the button for signing up to the information service provided in the Terms and Conditions and the entry screen of member enrollment information.
Article 7 (Obligations of Member)
1. 'Member' is responsible for the management of his/her ID and password.
2. 'Member' shall not assign, give, loan his or her ID to another person or allow others to use it.
3. If his/her ID is used improperly, the 'Member' must notify it to the ‘Site’.
4. 'Member' cannot use the data registered in the post to conduct sales activities.
5. 'Member' must receive a notice e-mail from the 'Site'.
Article 8 (Member Posts)
1. Posts include all writings made by members on the various boards of the ‘Site’.
2. Any loss or problem arising out of the information posted by members and Q&A is solely the responsibility of the member, and the ‘Site’ is not responsible for it unless it is the intention of the ‘Site’.
3. In the event of any claims, lawsuits, or any other disputes against the ‘Site’ arising out of any third party due to the member' s posting, the member shall bear the cost of the settlement and process the dispute for the site. In the event that the ‘Site’ compensates the third party or damages occur to the ‘Site’, the member shall compensate the ‘Site’.
4. The ‘Site’ shall delete member's post without prior notice in the event that the post of the 'Member' fall under any of the following: However, the ‘Site’ does not have any obligation to inspect or censor the post.
① If you defame a third party by slander
② In case of contents that hinder public order or good morals
③ In case of infringement of copyright of the ‘Site’ or copyright of third party etc.
④ When the posting period stipulated in the ‘Site’ is exceed
⑤ In case of a commercial post, a money-making advertisement, a good luck letter, etc.
⑥ In case of not meeting the purpose of site opening
⑦ When other applicable laws and regulations are violated
Chapter 4 Information Provision
Article 9 (Information Provision)
The ‘Site’ may transmit the necessary information to 'Member' by e-mail and instant messaging platforms.
Chapter 5 Cancellation of Contract and Disqualification
Article 10 (Cancellation of Contract)
1. When a 'Member' wishes to terminate the service use contract, he or she may request the termination of the contract with his or her name, ID, and etc.
2. In the event of the following reasons, the ‘Site’ may cancel the use contract without any prior notice or terminate the service use by determining a period.
① If you register with false contents when you apply for membership
② If you have stolen someone's ID and password
③ If you infringe the intellectual property rights of the site, other members or third parties
④ If you do the act of harming social well-being and order, public morals
⑤ In the event of an act that damages or causes disadvantage to others' honor
⑥ In case of being registered as a credit failure of PC communication and Internet service pursuant to the 'Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information'
Chapter 6 Protection of Personal Information
Article 11(Personal Information Processing Policy)
All the personal information is collected, possessed, processed and protected based on the ‘Personal Information Protection Act’ and related laws and regulations.
Chapter 7 Exemption from Responsibility and Indemnification
Article 12 (Responsibility)
1. The ‘Site’ shall not be liable for any damages incurred to the 'Member' in connection with the use of the 'Service' unless there is intent or gross negligence of the ‘Site’.
Article 13 (Exemption from Responsibility)
1. The ‘Site’ does not endorse or warrant the appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness, credibility of information, products, services, software, graphics, voice and video related to the use of the 'Service'.
2. The ‘Site’ will not be held responsible for any problems occurred to 'Member’ if disruption of service is due to natural disasters or unavoidable circumstances.
Chapter 8 Intellectual Property Rights
Article 14 (Intellectual Property Rights)
1. A ‘Member’ reserves all rights and responsibilities of the materials that are published by the ‘Member’ of the ‘Site’. However, the materials can be published on the ‘Site’ without a permission in the noncommercial use.
2. The ‘Site’ reserves all rights, including intellectual property rights, concerning the Service. This also includes the materials, marks, logos, software, images, Service names, information and trademarks related to it. Unless explicitly approved by the ‘Site’, a ‘Member’ may not (cause to) modify, loan, lend, sell, distribute, transfer, sublicense, re-license, establish collateral right or be engaged in the commercial use, either partially or wholly.
Chapter 9 Competent Court
Article 15 (Competent Court)
The court shall be the court having jurisdiction over the location of the Global Cyber University or the court under the civil procedure law of the Republic of Korea.
This policy is effective from June 1, 2022.
I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Collection and Use of Personal Information (Essential)
1. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
ㅤThe Global Cyber University website collects personal information for the following purposes. The collected personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes and will be subject to prior consent if the purpose of use is changed.
A. Website membership sign-up and management
ㅤWe process personal information for the purpose of the followings: Confirmation of membership; confirmation of identity in accordance with membership service provision; maintenance and management of membership status; prevention of unauthorized use of service; record keeping for dispute settlement; issue certificates; various notices and notifications etc.
B. Civil complaints processing
ㅤWe process personal information for purposes such as identification of complainants, confirmation of complaints, communication and notification for factual investigation, notification of processing results, improvement and provision of services.
2. Items of personal information collected
ㅤThe Global Cyber University website collects the following personal information to the minimum extent necessary for service delivery.
ㅤ- Required items: E-mail address, Real name, ID, Password, Country, Address, Gender, Date of Birth, Associated organization, Phone number
A. During the course of using the service, the following information can be automatically generated and collected.
ㅤ- IP address, cookie, service usage history, visit history, etc.
ㅤThe information collected and stored automatically will be used for statistical analysis to improve and complement the website to provide lecture management and better services.
3. Processing and Retention Period of Personal Information
ㅤIn principle, the member's personal information will be retained permanently and safely to keep records of the member’s registration, taking courses, management and maintenance, civil complaints, and issuing certificates.
4. The fact that you have the right to refuse consent and the disadvantage of denying consent
ㅤThe user has the right to refuse consent to the personal information collected on the Global Cyber University website. If you refuse to accept the required items, membership will be restricted.
5. Contract Processing of Personal Information
ㅤThe Global Cyber University has commissioned a contract pursuant to Article 25 of the Privacy Act that prohibits personal information from being processed outside of the commissioned purposes, administers technical and administrative safeguards, enforces commissioning limitations, manages and supervises the trustee, and covers for damages etc. The Global Cyber University supervises to ensure safe and proper handling of personal information, and states the responsibilities and details in the contract.
I agree to the Collection and Use of Personal Information.
Data is saved. Please wait.
Long period of time, if refresh(F5) while loading page please.